Sunday 5 February 2012

Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) ADB / USB Drivers

I am in the business of software development, and it really annoyed me to discover that in order to use my new Samsung Galaxy note as a development device I had to download a ~200MB file from the Samsung website and install several hundred megabytes of bloatware called 'Samsung Kies'.

All I am interested in is the USB drivers which will allow me to connect to my phone to develop android applications. Some people also need these files if they want to root their device. As Samsung Kies is IMO a piece of junk, I have seperated out the USB driver package and present it here as a single, unmodified, 23MB download for both 32 and 64 bit Windows systems. Note that the package actually includes several drivers for various Samsung phones, hence the (larger than necessary) file size.

Click here for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 ADB / USB Drivers
UPDATE 27/06/2014: Link is now dead :( See my newer post for an updated link and method here: http://liamcrayden.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/galaxy-note-adb-drivers-without-samsung.html

Please comment or +1 if these drivers were of any help to you. If I get round to it in the near future I will post the Galaxy-only drivers instead which should be approx 300KB instead of 23MB! Enjoy (and dont waste your valuable time and bandwidth downloading the Kies software ever again)

23 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this. Was having endless trouble with Kies. Galaxy Note now rooted! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for this, it saved me downloading and installing the abomination that is Kies on my computer. Please keep it updated if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note: on Windows 8 (Consumer Preview) I had to run the installer in Windows 7 compatibility mode to get it to install.
    Thanks for the article and download!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is now a 4MB download available from my new post:

    http://liamcrayden.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/galaxy-note-adb-drivers-without-samsung.html

    Works for everything, not just ADB or Rooting purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Epic! Thank you for this share, it really helped me a lot.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very awesome man. Was able to install CWM cause of this driver :) Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Many thanks! Been looking for that for days! If it weren't for Google's "brains(= android)" inside Samsung Galaxy Note it would be just a regular piece of usual Samsung's junk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very very much! One more rooted Note :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much. I had been wildly searching for the drivers on the net. Your blog was the first place that helped me get my Samsung Galaxy detected by my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome, thanks, nothing else worked but this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your very useful shares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome !! Thanks a bunch man !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank it work

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MANY MANY THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dude You Are Awesome!!!!! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bless you mate. Kies is a pain. Couldn't fathom why windows didn't pick up the SD card. Been trawling for ages and found you. Guys like you are the best spirit of the internet. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks this was a BIG help... Appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver!
    I have tried so many other ways mentioned by other sites like Phandroid and none of them worked. Wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice article, i have solved the USB problem. Thanks.

    The Android users are increasing daily and I hope this recovery tool may help the smartphone users which are suffering from data loss and media files deletion from them.

    I would like to recommend you the android data lost users to use Android Data Recovery Software to get easily and in just a few steps they will get back their all lost data from LeMax, Realme, Samsung, Blu Dash, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, Motorola, Oppo, OnePlus, and much more mobile phones also.

    ReplyDelete